The process of getting a return:
When should I initiate a return and refund process?
Returns and refunds are expensive to processes and therefor scrutinized by Amazon and other source suppliers. Returning too many products to Amazon and claiming refunds puts the buyer account at very high risk. Therefore, it is absolutely necessary that you try avoid returns and refunds as much as possible, and initiate the process only as last resort while following these rules:
- You order has already been delivered to the end-buyer. Return labels that initiate the return process can be generated only after the package has been delivered.
- Your 5% weekly return limit has not been met. Each Yaballe user is eligible for up-to 5% returns of its weekly orders volumes. For example: a user that orders ~100 orders/week, can initiate up to 5 return labels per week.
- There is an eBay case opened - for orders exceeding $100. You will be requested to specify the case number in order to initiate the process.
- Item is eligible for return. Some of the products ordered from Amazon (or other source suppliers) aren't eligible for return. This might include, however not limited to-, things like food, liquids, spirits, etc. You cannot initiate a return and refund process for items that aren't eligible for return. There are no exceptions to this rule, and under no circumstances will Yaballe approach Amazon (or other source suppliers) to ask for an exception. In such cases sellers may choose if to refund the end-buyer on their expense, or alternatively to change their return policy.
- Item hadn't been ordered from an account that was since restricted by Amazon. Unfortunately from time to time Amazon might decides on its own discretion to restrict some of the accounts used to place the orders. In such cases the accounts become inaccessible and product returns are not allowed. There are no exceptions to this rule.
Note: we cannot predict Amazon actions, however statistically Amazon often restrict prime accounts, while they rarely do so for non-prime account. Consider processing all your orders from non-prime accounts to avoid losses and inconveniences with product returns.
- Item was ordered less than 30 days ago. 30 days it the time window allowed for initiating the return and refund process. You cannot initiate a return and refund process after this period, without exceptions. In such cases sellers may choose if to refund the end-buyer on their expense, or alternatively to change their return policy.
- The item's refund amount exceeds its return cost (especially for international orders). When returning products, you should consider the financial risk in case the return will not conclude with a refund amount that covers your seller's expenses. That could happen in cases such as: end-buyer returns an empty envelope or a used product or a different product than originally ordered; International order - Amazon label covers only domestic shipping cost within the United States; Restrictions associated with the buyer account from which the order was placed, resulting in max refund limit of up to $100 for domestic orders, or $300 for international orders. In such cases you might encore losses due high expenses for the return that are higher than the actual refund received.
How does return and refund process work?
There are four (4) stages in the return and refund process:
1. Return the product back to Amazon (or to other source supplier.
2. Return the product
1. Get a Return Label or A Shipping Address
A return label is the label your end-customer should paste on his package in order to ship the product back to Amazon (or other source supplier). It includes the address to return the product to, and shipping cost is pre-paid. You need to Get a Return Label in order to initiate the return and refund process.
2. Return the product to Amazon (or to other source supplier)
The end-buyer ships the product back to Amazon using the label you provided to him, or on its own expense using a return address. Shipping the product back needs to happen in a timely manner and with 25 days maximum, as of Return Label issuance date.
1. The returned product must arrive to Amazon (or to other source supplier) within 25 days of Label issuance date. Note that this time window is applicable for both domestic and international orders. Products that arrive after this date, will not be accepted or processed for refund.
2. It is your responsibility to track the return package and notify Yaballe of its arrival back to Amazon. Only then can Yaballe follow up with Amazon's refund.
3. Amazon Processes Return and Refunds Yaballe's Account
The refund process start with Amazon, typically once they receive the returned product and validate its returned content. This typically takes 3 business days for them to process the refund and for it to appear in Yaballe's account.
Amazon are unlikely to process a refund, or alternatively claim the refund back in the following cases that unfortunately occasionally happen. In such case you will not be able to receive the refund to its full or not at all. Mind these cases to avoid unnecessary losses:
- The product reached Amazon more than 25 days after the label issuance date.
- The end-buyer returned an empty envelope.
- The end-buyer returned a used product.
- The end-buyer returned a different product than originally ordered.
- Restriction applied to the Amazon buyer account from which the order was originally issued.
When should I expect to receive a refund for a returned item?
You should expect to see the refund amount in your account within few days of when the product received back at Amazon. As a thumb rule it could take up to 10 days, depending on Amazon's refund processing speed, including the end-to-end refund process:
- The refund process starts with Amazon, typically once they receive the returned product and validate its returned content. Amazon's processing time varies.
- There are cases where Amazon process the refund even before the returned product reaches their facility. This typically happens with cheap orders, but
- 2. Once amazon refunds Yaballe's account, Yaballe will process your account. This typically takes up to 24 hours.
Article is closed for comments.