Your eBay store is a precious asset that earns you money and like any asset you need to maintain it.
If you do, you'll get top seller ratings, better store exposure and more sales.
If you don't, eBay might reduce your store exposure or eventually close it - avoid it at all cost!
eBay are extremely sensitive to these things:
- High rates of user cases and complains, and poor seller ratings
- Unnatural fast growth rates (that imply it's a resell activity)
- Selling products that don't comply with their VeRO program
- Too low sales-through rates (underperforming stores)
We gathered these best practices for daily store maintenance that are essential to keep you store safer and well performing:
|Best Practice (Daily)||How to Enforce It|
|Address any buyers' messages||
Check your eBay inbox, stay in touch with your buyers, and don't ignore any messages you receive. Be nice and helpful to your customers.
This is a typical activity a VA would do - make sure your VA know English well enough, and prepare response transcripts for common inquiries
|Handle to closure any outstanding cases or payment disputes||Detect cases on time and handle them before their due date.
Form your strategy for handling cases and improve it with lessons learned over time from cases you win/lose.
|Ship within 24 hours (max) any overdue orders||
In eBay - check orders that are in status ship within 24 hours/overdue and handle them.
1. If you are using auto-ordering (by Your Amazon accounts or by Yaballe Amazon accounts) - go to your Yaballe to find why these orders weren't processed and fix it
2. If the orders were processed / shipped but only their tracking number is missing - check in Yaballe it it reflects the proper tracking and make sure it is applied in eBay (or contact Yaballe support if not)
3. If you are using your own Amazon accounts - make sure to place the order, Then go to your Yaballe > Sold Items page, check the 'Mark as Ordered' icon and update the tracking in Yaballe (which will update eBay in return).
|Add/delete listings, and effectively utilize your eBays store's limits||
Repeat this daily:
2. Decide how many items you want to list today, given: your available limits, and your growth strategy especially if your store is relatively new (see the best practice guide).
4. Check how many listings actually managed to list - many might not pass the VeRO filter (to protect you store) - repeat phase 3 if need to until you fill in enough listings.
|Handle any cancelled orders on Amazon source side - or otherwise your buyer won't get its order||
1. If you are using auto-ordering (by Your Amazon accounts or by Yaballe Amazon accounts) - go to Yaballe > Sold Item page and filter your view for orders that are in CANCELLED status. The refund for such cancelled orders is automatically added to your balance by Yaballe.
2. If you can still fulfill this order (in stock), you may want to notify your buyer that the order is delayed a bit more than usual and then Retry ordering it.
Note: try to avoid eBay order cancellations as much as possible - or it will impact you store exposure or rating (and even suspend it)
|Identify and fix orders processing errors or delays - meet with your shipping policy||
Track in eBay any orders that might have not been synched to Yaballe.
Filter orders in your Sold Items's view - for any orders that in PENDING and PROCESSING status, and inspect their creation time.
Here are relevant troubleshooting guides: